From Friends To Lovers

When it comes time to search for the right way to express your innermost feelings to someone you respect, admire and have now come to love don't let doubt and insecurity get in your way. In a Lovingyou.com poll we asked readers to tell us how they would tell a friend they were interested in becoming more than friends. The most-cited response was to just be honest and tell your friend how you feel.

For some this may seem like a huge barrier. Confronting your friend may result in possibly losing the value of your friendship. On the other hand, the result could be something dreams are made of. The only real fact is that there's only one sure way to find out. When you're ready to take the plunge, find the right angle that's perfect for you with these tips and advice from other readers.

"I have been in this situation, and I sent him an e-card that described my feelings. It worked and I found out that the feelings were mutual."
--Ramel

"I would tell them face to face, then maybe kiss them to show them what they are missing!"
--Cheryl Cooke

"First, spend some time with them to see what kind of 'more-than friend' they like. Then just be straight and tell them how you feel. This can be very embarrassing to start with. If they don't feel the same way, it may take some time for them to be comfortable to 'just be friends,' so give them some time, then just be friends until another opportunity arises."
--Kristen

"I would write him a letter on scented letter paper expressing my feelings toward him."
-Karen

"I would start treating and making him feel more special than others."
--Amie

"I would basically hint to him by spending more time with him, and paying him extra compliments. If he doesn't pay any heed to it, I'll know he's not interested, and value the friendship."
--Lisa

"My boyfriend and I were best friends before we were a couple. He actually told me gradually through e-cards and then in a survey e-mail. We talked about it and I shared my feelings and that's how we got together. In March it will be 2 years and I've never been more happy!"
--Allyson

"Look into her eyes and say, 'We've been close friends for so long and have shared so many thoughts and tears. I think we have a great relationship. I would like somehow, to be more than a friend to you.'"
--Windell

"I would send her a poem with my heart's feelings and then go and see her in person and tell her how I feel for her."
--Jim

"Invite them to a romantic dinner for two at my house and cook all of their favorites."
--R. McCloskey

"I would gently and slowly kiss him on all four corners of his mouth in a romantic moment that they were not exactly expecting and look deeply into his eyes waiting for a response."
--Rose

"Well first, I would want to make sure that they like me by paying more attention to the body language and verbal language that they are giving me. Then if I feel like they are interested in me also...then I would talk to them alone, in person, and tell them of how I feel for them. I would also tell them that I would need to know how they feel for me, no matter what those feelings might be."
--Nicole

"I'm a firm believer in that it's not necessarily what you say, but what you do. All you have to do to let a guy know you're interested is pay extra special attention to what is going on in his life. If he is going to have a big meeting or a big day at work, give him a card or a note wishing him good luck. He will quickly realize that not only do you care more for him than he thought, but he will find himself falling for all of the "little things" that truly matter in relationships."
--Anonymous

"This actually happened to me. I started flirting a little every time I saw him, and then he went away for a weekend to see friends, I flirted even more when he got back. Finally he got the hint. We are now together and happy as ever."
--Kelly

"Send him a love letter signed secret admirer."
--Nosiph

"Send them roses and on the card put only a question mark followed by your name."
--Andy

"Well, I sure have been there. And it was hard, I ended up falling in love with him and not ever telling him. Thankfully though, somehow we got together through fate, I believe. What I would have done differently was just tell him. It would have saved us a lot of time."
--Sheila

0 comentarios:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds