Broken Friendship

We were good friends for awhile
I enjoyed every moment
I loved being around you
I wish I could've shown it
But I made a few mistakes
That really made you mad
You decided to stop talking to me
I felt like I lost all that I had
Now our friendship is over
And I must move on my way
The Lord will bring me another good friend
To show me that everything will be okay
He will bring me someone who will forgive me
When I seem to make a mistake
He will bring me someone who will be there
Even when my life is at stake
So I must move on in life
That's the only thing I can do
For I know that someone will come
That will remind me of you
I'm sorry for what I did
I'm sorry for making you mad
I wanted the best for you and I
And wanted you to be glad
I thought you would understand and trust me
Or at least listen to what I had to say
Instead of ignoring me
And running the other way
I thought you would understand and forgive me
Because that's what friends are for
I thought you were that kind of friend
But now I don't know what to think anymore

- Kirkland Rowlett

0 comentarios:

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds